Ellen Pompeo stops off at her local Starbucks for her morning coffee in Los Angeles on Saturday.
During a recent appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman, Ellen revealed:
- “When I was 15, one particular man asked me if I wanted to make some money. He said, ‘All you have to do is sell slush outside of Fenway.’ I thought, ‘Now that sounds easy.’ They’d drive me to Fenway, set me up on the street with this nice cart and nice umbrella. And inside the cart, there were two flavors: lemon and watermelon. And then beside the two flavors was slush inside one of those big ketchup bottles. But there wasn’t ketchup in it, Dave. There was Vodka.”
- On how she sold her product: “I used to stand around saying, ‘I got the special slush over here. Special slush!’ I’d [usually] give them one pump but if they gave me a few extra bucks, I’d give them two pumps.”
- On not feeling guilty about selling alcohol: “Listen, I just gave them what they want. I had the longest line. There must have been 12 slush carts on the street. No one else had a line. I was the only one!”
- On the possibility of being arrested: “I could have been in prison but all of the cops that were standing around didn’t seem to mind. They clearly knew what was going on. I was giving them slush too! You know those Boston police. Have you seen The Departed?”

|